Hear from young people about why they enjoy their jobs and opporunities available to them and also hear from employers about the success of the Youth Futures Programme
Employer Excellence Partners
These employers commit to Invest in Youth. As youth-friendly employers they agree to a minimum set of requirements such as
- Regularly providing speakers for employer talks in schools
- Hosting student tours at their workplaces
- Offering work experience opportunities such as internships or Gateway
- Contributing profiles of young people employed in their industries
- Hiring young people whenever possible
- Supporting, mentoring and upskilling young people who have joined their workplaces
Many Employer Excellence Partners are also members of the Southland Youth Futures Advisory Group which sets work programme priorities and plans new initiatives.
Southland Youth Futures works with providers to ensure students and careers advisers have relevant and up to date information about training options available in Southland.
Business Partners and Industry Supporters
These employers and industry organisations support Southland Youth Futures as time and resources allow and we value their contribution. We couldn’t do what we do without them.